Monday, December 19, 2011

Emma Rolls Over

This weekend we surprised Brandon's mom by coming into town for the weekend. Brandon's family was celebrating Christmas on Saturday, so we thought it would be a fun surprise to drive down from Minnesota to celebrate with them. We had a great time with the family, and Emma rolled over for the first time! On Friday night, Ann told me that it seemed as though she was trying to roll over because she would get herself onto her side and then stay there for a bit. Well, imagine my surprise when no more than a few hours later I hear Emma crying in her room and I go in and she's on her tummy! The girl the proceeded to roll over again while Brandon and I watched. Here's a video of her doing it the next day:





 It is so cool to see these little things, it's amazing how little prompting babies need to reach developmental stages. I've only helped her roll over a few times before she did it on her own, almost like she knows instinctually how to do it. Babies have always fascinated me, but now that I have one of my own and get to watch her experience new things every day I am even more fascinated by the tiniest milestones.

No comments:

Post a Comment