Wednesday, December 7, 2011

30 DPC: Day 7

Topic: I was inspired


This picture inspires me to get more creative in my photography. I am trying to keep my camera on manual more often than automatic so that I can experiment with different light & generally give more mood and atmosphere to my photographs. I hate the way a flash washes everything out. I was reading some tips on how to take better low light photography without a flash, and a good piece of advise I got was if it's too dark to get a good shot, just put your camera down and enjoy the moment. To me that means that sometimes a photograph just isn't meant to capture what will be captured by your memory instead. While I love photography because you are able to capture a moment in time, you are never fully able to capture the memory because there is so much more to a memory than a visual image. So I need to learn to put down my camera every once in a while and just enjoy the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment