Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas

We had a great first Christmas as a family of three back home in Chicago. We spent Christmas Eve with my parents and went to the children's service at church which totally eased my fears of bringing Emma to church. It was quick and loud, if there was a child crying no one cared. I wish there was a children's service all the time! Christmas morning was spent at Brandon's parents house along with Emma's cousin Brady, Aunt Debbie and Uncle Matt. We had a wonderful breakfast of pancakes, Bay's english muffins, Brandon's famous egg dishes & other wonderful breakfast treats.
After the breakfast I look forward to all year, Brandon and Brady had a good time goofing off (I'm surprised that no food came back out!) then it was present time. Emma had no concept of presents, but I had a great time opening her gifts for her :) Next year she'll probably be tearing into them herself.


I am seriously sad that Emma's first Christmas is over, but I have to look forward to the years to come. I can't wait for her to be running around after her cousin and seeing the joy on her face when she sees presents under the tree and a stocking full of goodies. 



No comments:

Post a Comment