Saturday, September 6, 2014

Emma's third birthday

With all the excitement of Owen on the way, I didn't want to forget to document Emma's third birthday party. We had a great time celebrating with immediate family, which was still 13 people! I decided that until Emma has a group of friends that she wants to invite to a party I will just do birthday parties this way. It's so much more enjoyable for me to just be a guest at my own party instead of running around worrying if everyone is having a good time. Plus, it keeps the presents to a minimum. I know, that makes me sound so ungrateful and cynical, but really she has so much stuff already and her family gave her plenty. She was well gifted and loved this birthday!

Emma's request for her birthday this year was "go swimming in Grandma's pool and eat chocolate cake". So that is how we celebrated and it was perfect!

Every morning on her birthday we've walked into her room and started singing Happy Birthday!
Making blueberry pancakes with a number candle is another tradition I hope to continue.


Fun in the pool with Dada and Brady

I made Emma's cake this year! Ended up really happy with how it turned out.


Our growing family :)
Happy 3rd birthday Emma! We love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment